question

patrikols avatar image
patrikols asked

Can't connect to Venus GX

My Venus GX worked before I switched router and local IP-adresses . I can't find my Venus in the DHCP table at my new router and I can't recognize the Venus wifi access point.

Have tried to reset all network settings to factory default by pressing the button between the GND/Tank 3 connections according to the manual section 5.4.2, The led is flashing green about every seceond.

Looking forward to get some help.

Regards,

Patrik

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ยท

A couple things to try:

Reboot the Venus GX to make sure it gets a new IP address from the new DHCP server

According to section 5.4.1, blinking once per second ("slow blinking") the Venus GX WiFi is disabled, so maybe you need to hold the push button in longer (manual says 4 seconds)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

patrikols avatar image
patrikols answered ยท

Have tried to push the button both long and short time as explained in the manual. When holding it for a longer time it will turn red and after a while flashing green again. Is this a reboot or do I need do something else to do a reboot?

Many thanks for the answer?

Patrik

1 comment
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ยท

I have no experience with the Venus GX so I'm not sure how you'd do a reboot without access to the GUI. There's always the pull the plug reboot: remove power for a few seconds.

0 Likes 0 ยท