question

Stanislav Vávra avatar image
Stanislav Vávra asked

SOC jumps or stuck

Hi!

In few last weeks, there jumps up some problems in two of our installation.

Config:

1) 2phase - 2x Multi II 5000VA 48V, 9,6 kWh Lead-Carbon battery, 4,92 kWp, Smart Solar MPPT 150/85, Venus Gx

2) 3phase - 3x Multi II 3000AV 48V, 17,2 kWh Lead-Carbon battery, 7,2 kWp, Smart Solar MPPT 150/100, Venus Gx

these are not only installation with these batteries and we have no other problems, so I am certain, that the batteries parameters are set well.

there are 2 problems:

1) there are high jumps in SOC

2) once per 2-3 weeks the SOC stucks at some point and ESS stuck in float and system needs to be restarted to correct the SOC.

With our clients I have found out, that there is some weird behaviour, when the water pump or water level sensor (1) client doesn’t have water level sensor so it looks like, there is problem in water pump (230 V) which causing energy to returning to the system (it runs with the grid disconnecte). At the other client (2) I didn’t found problem in Water pump, but it looks like, the energy returns is caused by Water Level sensor.

Excuse my English please, I am better in reading then writing.

Thank You!

ESSSOCfloat
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stanislav Vávra avatar image Stanislav Vávra commented ·

So there are some people folowing this question. Maybe @mvader (Victron Energy) could answer if these abnormalities are made by water pump and what to do with it ?

Thank you very much!

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Stanislav Vávra commented ·

@Stanislav Vávra

Are you running ess on these systems? And if so what SOC are you allowing it to draw down to?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stanislav Vávra avatar image Stanislav Vávra Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Yes there is ess and it is allowed to go to 50%.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic