question

wingphil avatar image
wingphil asked

Constant voltage

I have a motorhome with an onboard control board that includes charging logic from a mains charger and or solar supply. The current panel control is terribly inefficient and I want to put a 75/10 in there to allow significant charge on dull days, by increasing board voltage/capacity although max current is 10 amps-. Current system charges at 2 amps on the brightest possible day but I can not add a new panel as the vontroller is very limited.

Anyway ideally I want to provide a constant voltage to the board from the Victron, say 13.8 volts give or take, so the existing board could then do its charge thing-split charge batteries and control output to them etc.

Can the Victron 75/10 be set to do this. Ideally there would only be the one pair of connections to the board. Although I could connect load to board and battery output to the battery I would rather not as I wonder wether when I plug into mains and the onboard battery charger is powered it would cause problems.....It also needs to be considered that there is another charge system, the alternater, during drive times, this charges vehicle battery, and leisure battery once voltage is over about 13v.

system designsoftware
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic