question

andres avatar image
andres asked

Limit injection to a maximum value allowed in ESS System with AC and DC coupling

I have an ESS installation with 15kWp in AC-Coupling with Fronius and 5kWp in MPPT in DC.

The problem I have is that the grid capacity is 10 kW and I cannot inject more of that power because the thermomagnetic circuit trips.

In ESS mode when I choose the option " optimized with Battery Life". and I select Fronius zero feed-in and also I put a negative grid reference value (-10kW) the system works perfectly and the injection curve is practically flat when the charges are low and the batteries are charged, but the problem is when the loads power increases and the Production is lower, the system itake energy from the batteries to inject and thus maintain that flat curve or that injection reference value to the grid.

The question is, how can I limit the energy feed-in to the grid to a maximum of 10 kW without having to set the settings described in the previous paragraph?

There is a configuration, a device such as energy meters or something like that to limit injection as the maximum allowed value and not as a constant injection value.

Thank you very much in advance for the reply.

ESSsystem designsoftware
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hi @Andres That is not an available option. I do not understand what you aim is. Do you want the loads to be supplied by the grid and not the battery when solar is reduced? Do you use the batteries for self consumption or only as backup?

You may consider setting a high minimum SOC to stop the batteries from discharging e.g. below 95% and then it will pull in power from the grid and stop inverting.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic