question

hek avatar image
hek asked

BlueSolar MPPT 75/15 - PV power jumping up and down to zero in bulk

• BlueSolar MPPT 75/15 Charge Controller 12/24V 15A
  • 2 * Solarmodul 100 Wp 52 x 115 x 3,5 cm monokristallin
  • 2 * Varta Professional Dual Purpose AGM 840 095 085 (LA 95)
  • Pössl Camper

Dear Victron fans,

After the last update of the firmware to 1.50 and with factory values, I noticed a strange bulk behavior: The curves are rising and falling (jumping) in seconds, sometimes down to zero (see screenshots). As a result, it took a long time to charge the battery. Oddly enough, the charging process seems to be normal when the engine is running and the battery is being charged (at the same time).

• does anyone know the phenomenon?
  • maybe it has something to do with the upate?
  • maybe this is normal?

Thanks,
H.E.K.

Screenshots

• the engine is off

• the engine is running

battery chargingfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mickyritchie avatar image
mickyritchie answered ·

I had a similar issue. I lost bluetooth contact with my 75/15 after the update and it tripped my system. When reset I couldn't see my 75/15 but my 100/30 (I have 2 panels and 2 MPPTs connected to the battery in parallel) exhibited the same behaviour you describe on one occasion. Victron support suggested I completely disconnect the 75/15, reconnect it and restart my phone. This was successful. Maybe worth a try?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hek avatar image hek commented ·

Thanks Micky,

do you think it's "only" a Bluetooth Problem? A bluetooth reconnect didn'd work for me ... but I didn't completely disconnect the charge controller yet ...

0 Likes 0 ·
mickyritchie avatar image mickyritchie commented ·

Thiago at Victron certainly thought it was a Bluetooth problem ... and it looks like he was right!

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, we will (or even have already) contacted you by email.

2 comments
2 |3000

rogierroukens avatar image rogierroukens commented ·

HI mvader, could you please share the solution here? I'm experiencing the exact same problem and would like to know the solution...

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ rogierroukens commented ·

Hi Rogier,

I don't recall what exactly the issue was, I recommend to start with the basics (

- firmware update

- check fuses

- if you have a smart battery sense; try what happens with disabling that (= remove the mppt from the network)

- if you have an ESS or otherwise more advanced system with DVCC on a GX Device, disable that, see what happens.

If all that doesn't help, please post a new question & include what trouble shooting steps you already did & some measurements or graphs.

all the best, Matthijs

0 Likes 0 ·