question

stocksy avatar image
stocksy asked

Charging 2 Lithium banks with MPPT

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to charge my 2 lithium banks with MPPT and keep them isolated a the same time.

Here is a picture of what I have so far.

The starter has a switchable circuit to keep the Argos energise circuit live and prevent the MPPT shutting down each evening and messing with the history metrics and also give the MPPT a voltage reference when charging as I don't believe it will get one from the Argos input terminal (please confirm if I'm wrong on that). I understand that this will draw around 0.05A to have the Argo and MPPT active, which will be easily replaced by the solar charge going to the starter battery.

The 2 65A BPs are configured to lithium settings and will disconnect using the BMS charge disconnect going via the BMV relay.

This will not be an approved setup, but will it work as I've gone through serveral designs and this is the only one I haven't spotted any problems with - yet.... :)

If you have a better and supported setup for doing this I would be very interested in the details :)

Thanks!

MPPT ControllersLithium BatteryBattery ProtectArgo FET Diode
img-1290.jpg (1.6 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pim avatar image
pim answered ·

Hello Stocksy, did you find a good solution at the end? I've got the same question...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.