question

cwmbw611 avatar image
cwmbw611 asked

BMV-712 Smart - Load Side

Hello I recently purchased the BMV-712 Smart. My setup is I have a mppt / one lithium lifepo4 / one inverter / charger. My question is what do I connect to the load side of the shunt? My apologies if this has been asked and answered. After reading some other questions and answers I'm I to connect the negative cables from the mppt / inverter / and dc panel to the LOAD side? Thank you

monitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

On the battery side is only the battery and on the other side is everything else.
(Also there should only be the shunt connected to the neg of the battery, nothing else)

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cwmbw611 avatar image cwmbw611 commented ·

Thank you is the example below correct? Again my apologies this is new to me.

0 Likes 0 ·
1589995925943.png (264.6 KiB)
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ cwmbw611 commented ·

Yes, that's correct.
If this installation is on a car or boat and you have a connection to the chassis, this connection also have to be on the "Load" side of the shunt.

0 Likes 0 ·
cwmbw611 avatar image cwmbw611 Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Thank you - installation is on a van conversion - So I am to connect my ground also to the load side?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ cwmbw611 commented ·

As I wrote already, to the only thing connected to minus of the battery is the shunt everything else is on the "Load" side.

0 Likes 0 ·
cwmbw611 avatar image cwmbw611 Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic