question

henk-volkers avatar image
henk-volkers asked

reset layout of the remote console

Hi,

Does anyone knows if the is a way to reset the remote console of VRM. It got messed up, And how can I switch between the "tiles" I tried evrything, both on my laptop and iphone.

Henk Volkers

remote console
1589359417942.png (182.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ยท

Hi @Henk Volkers,

there is no specific reset of the layout, provided that you didn't change any of the style sheets within the operating system of our GX device.
But you could try to clear the browser cache.

"Switching" between the tiles is swipe left/right with your mouse or with your fingers on a mobil device.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dayandnight avatar image
dayandnight answered ยท

Hello @Henk Volkers,

funny situation and screenshot. It is a little bit similar like on my pc. When the browser windows is to small, the remote console claims that I should rotate the monitor. ;-)

I can assure by 100% that turning or flipping the PC monitor for 90ยฐ doesn't help in this case! ;-)

I think, too that clearing the browers cache will help you. Or try to play with the size of the browser window. Make it smaller and than bigger and see what happens.

For changing the different styles of the tiles you can also push twice or more often the ESC-Button.

I wish you success

DayAndNight

rotate.jpg (44.7 KiB)
rotate.jpg (44.2 KiB)
2 |3000

henk-volkers answered ยท

Hi Stefanie,

Thanks for anwering. I tried to empty the cache, even tried in a other browser. No effect. The point is that it changed when I was on my laptop, after that it has changed on al other devices too (laptop, iphone, and just checked: desktop HP..

You know if there is a way to reinstall?

And my favorite layout in the remote console is the one with the seperate devices, where you can see how the current is going. It is impossible to get there, swiping etc with mouse or fingers, no effect.

Kind regards, Henk

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Henk Volkers,

sorry to hear.

Yes, you basically can delete the installation on VRM by going to the General tab and then hit delete. Be aware that this will delete all your history data on VRM. Then you need to reboot your GX device afterwards.
After reboot your GX device will resume sending data to VRM. Then set up a new installation. But I'm not 100% sure this will solve your problem. To be honest, I've never seen this error.

Or proceed as @JohnC suggests and try opening the remote console from local first and see how it behaves.

0 Likes 0 ยท
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ยท

Hi @Henk Volkers

If you're working locally to the GX, try accessing 'Remote Console on LAN'. Just open a browser tab and type "venus.local". What happens then?

2 |3000

henk-volkers answered ยท

Hi John, I think you put me on the right track. Entering the Venus directly gave the same fault, so I disconnected the venus from 24volt, After starting up again, the remote console is normal again, and swiping works! Thanks for your reactions!

And perhaps a solution for your turned screen to DayAndNight. @JohnC @DayAndNight @Stefanie

Cheers Henk

2 |3000

henk-volkers answered ยท

Hm strange I thought I already reacted.

I solved the problem and got back my favorite tile. I desconnected the Venus from 24volt source and reconnected (reset??). When reopening the remote console it had it's normal look again.

Thanks for your help!!! Cheers Henk

@Stefanie, @JohnC,

@DayAndNight, it might solve your turned screen too :-)

2 |3000

dayandnight avatar image
dayandnight answered ยท

Hello Victronauts! Hello @Henk Volkers!

I tilt today my remote console, too:

.... it is now like the screenshots shows on all different browsers Firefox, Chrome, Edge ...

and it doesn't matter if I use a Windows computer, a pad or a handy, doesn'tmatter the brand Apple or Samsung, from now on I am afraid I have to live with it!

And there is no difference either, if I use VRM portal, remote console nor if I contact directly by IP-adress with my browser to the GX-device.

Bad vibrations!!!

I remember that I was connected to my Multiplus-II GX directly by IP-adress with Firefox. And I wanted to enter a new web-adress: sz.de, therefore I hit Ctrl-L - than S - than D - than . - than D - than E

By playing around what bad stuff I had done, my idea was perhaps I forgot to release the CONTROL key - so I tried:

Ctrl-l - than Ctrl-s - than Ctrl-d - than Ctrl-. - than Ctrl-d - than Ctrl-e and there it is!

Close! But no Banana!

I was somehow remembered on a story of Asterix and Obelix, where the druid was somehow mad and they tried different recipes for the magic drink - the result was, that all those Galliers who tried the new magic drink had coloured skin solid, with stripes and patterns but it didn't give any additional force! So in the Asterix story the result was only colored but not as wanted! ;-)

May be the force with you!

Here the secret, which is only allowed to be passed directly from ear to ear only from one druid to another druid:

Each time you hit CTRL-e it rotates the display by 90ยฐ

Success!

DayAndNight

1 comment
2 |3000

lklmenterprises avatar image lklmenterprises commented ยท

It's not to say I don't care about the Solution, which is great that you found it...WELL DONE, I already have a use for it!

However, I have to say that I'm even happier about the fact you brought up one of my favourite comic strips growing up. We even had the books in the library and I used to check them out!

Dogmatix FTW!

0 Likes 0 ยท