question

rpimike avatar image
rpimike asked

GX Touch 50 connected to Raspberry Pi touch issue

I've connected a GX Touch 50 to a Raspberry Pi via HDMI and USB. The screen works fine, however the Pi does not appear to detect the touch usb mouse.

Anyone tried this or have any ideas?

gx device
gxtouch50.jpg (183.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ยท

Hi,

Most likely impossible to fix, unless you are a linux kernel development or configuration expert: the touch is not on the usb; its embedded on one of the I2C signals inside the hdmi. And not done according to a standard way to put touch onto the hdmi cable.

USB on the GX touch is for power only.

If I were to go on this, Iโ€™d start reading here:

https://github.com/victronenergy/linux/commits/sunxi_b4.19.119

And probably check the cerbo devicetree, as well as look for any commits that tweaked things to get them working.

But beware, Iโ€™ve no idea if we already have enough info public to get this working; and we canโ€™t help in anyway with it.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rpimike avatar image rpimike commented ยท

Thanks for the info.

You could sell a lot of these with standard usb touch control.

0 Likes 0 ยท
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) โ™ฆโ™ฆ rpimike commented ยท

Hi, I understand. But I'm afraid it is the way it is now. One reason to use I2C was probably that its lower cost.

0 Likes 0 ยท