question

Stanton Reed Koch avatar image
Stanton Reed Koch asked

How to set up two multipluses for twice the charging but only inverting from one

My marine system has enough ac output from one multiplus but i want more charge capacity so i would like to add a second multiplus as a charger only and have the charge bee coordinated between the two systems. Setting them both to the same charge curve is insufficient. There needs to be a master. What setting would i use in the ve bus configuration tool? It’s not a Parallel ac system but should i just set it to parallel, pick a master and a slave, and use the front panel button of the multiplus to set the slave to charge only mode? The general,reason i want to do this is since i don’t need the capacity of a second inverter i would rather not have the parasitic load of the inverter idling and the ac and dc wiring of a parallel ac system is much more precise and restrictive on the multiplus location.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Why not simply add a charger?
https://www.victronenergy.com/chargers

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.