question

johannes-cronje avatar image
johannes-cronje asked

Easy Solar - Multiplus 48/5000 disconnects after hard reboot .

Good day.

My multiplus 48/5000 in my easy solar disconnects for no reason at all . All the lights went out on the muliplus after a few seconds it restarts itself. After close inspection I saw the Color control looked like rebooting itself, after I realised that it was doing it because of the internet connection that was off.

To test my theory I have disabled the "Reboot device when no contact "

I first did a soft reboot by selecting the reboot function and all seems to be normal. After I did a hard reboot by pressing the the two round buttons simultaneously and releasing it. When the color control started up , the inverter started making inverting noises and all of a sudden It switch off , no warning lights nothing just completely dead, After about 30 seconds it came on again .

Client is up in arms , and I have no answers

Any indication what could cause this behaviour .

Regards

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hennie-mouton avatar image hennie-mouton commented ·
I have the same issue - Quattro goes off for 30 seconds when CCGX Color Display reboots, seemingly independant from what the Quattro is doing at the time.

Any fix for this yet?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Johannes Cronje

Please describe the system a bit better:

-on / off grid

-what kind of batteries

-ESS?

-etc.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johannes-cronje avatar image johannes-cronje commented ·

HI @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

Its a on grid system with 4 x 200Ah 12V VRLA Batteries as backup. Running ESS "Keep batteries charged" .

On the PV side I have a SMA SB 3.0 on the output as well as the 150/100 Smart Solar.

Site's name is Chris Lourens ,

The inverter did this before as well but the customer thought it was power failures . I realised that it was not the case when I went to site and pickup that it happened when the Color control reboot it self when the internet connection was of for longer than 20 Minutes . I will however start looking through the files to see if I can pick up any info. SIte is currently off line , Internet connection should be back by next week.

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ johannes-cronje commented ·

Hi @Johannes Cronje

ok, I cannot see anything strange in the last 14 days. I'd indeed advice not to restart on loosing connection.

0 Likes 0 ·
johannes-cronje avatar image johannes-cronje Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

HI @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

I will leave everything as is , until internet connection is up and running , I will let you know once all is up and running

Regards

Johannes

0 Likes 0 ·