question

rodney-abbott-buchanan avatar image
rodney-abbott-buchanan asked

SBP100 (not product failure)

This is a relatively new and small system that has previously worked as expected. Has been disconnected past two months. Was reconnected yesterday. The two SBP's were updated. One SBP is 'charge' and other is 'load'. The VE Li-ion battery was charged to full via solar and orion Tr smart as of today. There was no DC load output from the 'load' SBP. On the smartphone I could not toggle this SBP to "active", it did display consistent battery volts. Voltage checked with 13.35 on the 'IN' and 2.64 on the 'OUT'. I could not reboot unit from default/power off. The 7 digit display does go thru a flashing mode with 'zero' above and below, (not a full digit or letter) briefly, then no further blue indicators.

I'm curious what I did to toast it. I feel confident that directional wiring is correct. Have ordered a replacement.

Lithium Batteryorion-tr smartBattery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
rodney-abbott-buchanan avatar image
rodney-abbott-buchanan answered ·

As it turns out, the SBP100 did not fail. user error is involved. With original install the delicate glass bulb LED was broken and did not have blue light. The device worked fine despite this.

With the recent reconnect done, having no DC load from this SBP100, and wiring seemingly identically replaced, a hasty conclusion occurred and the device was was deemed SBP100 Failure.

A replacement was ordered, if nothing more than the mentioned 'damage' to the glass bulb, as reason enough. The replacement Battery Protect was placed in system, and a question I had was answered in that the 'old' device on the smartphone device list disappeared with the new pairing.

As it turns out I could not get the new Load SBP to turn "Active", same issue as before. Dawned on me quickly that the problem was not a device fail, but what wiring error could it be? Pulled the H-L plug that has a wire to the BMS and placed the jumper plug. SBP now functioning.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.