question

djpollock avatar image
djpollock asked

Multiplus Ignore AC in split phase

I have (2) Multiplus compact 2000 units in split-phase configuration and "switched as group" is unchecked. I can only get the Mulitplus on line 1 to work with "ignore AC" and successfully switch over to AC when the load is above the set limit. The other Multiplus will always ignore the AC and never connect even when the load is beyond the set limit. Both inverters have the exact same settings. What am I doing wrong?

split phase
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

djpollock avatar image djpollock commented ·

I tried to check "switch as group" but then the inverter on line 1 also didn't work with "Ignore AC"

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @djpollock

can you share the assistant summery of both inverters?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

djpollock avatar image
djpollock answered ·

I did not use the assistant. I used the "dedicated ignore AC" option with the virtual switch. It is set to connect to AC at 1600w, disconnect at 1400w, and connect at 12v, disconnect at 13.2v.

7 comments
2 |3000

djpollock avatar image djpollock commented ·

Both inverters have the exact same settings. Except, only the inverter on Line 1 connects to AC under these conditions and disconnects accordingly. The inverter on Line 2 stays disconnected.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @djpollock

as the inverters don't know the load on the other inverter, it will only switch the inverter where the load state is met.

I'd advice to use an assistant on the inverters, use them to switch relay outputs, and wire the relais to an open input, use another assistant to ignore AC when that input is open / closed.

0 Likes 0 ·
djpollock avatar image djpollock Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

I see. I understand the inverters don't know the load on the other inverter. But, the inverter on Line 2 doesn't reconnect when the load on Line 2 is above the setting; that's why I am confused. Is there a fix for this? I understand your work-around, but it seems like you shouldn't have to do that if the appropriate settings are selected for the virtual switch. Am I missing something?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ djpollock commented ·

Hi @djpollock

I'm sorry that I can't give more detailed answers, because.... I don't know ;)

I can only give you the advice I gave earlier...

0 Likes 0 ·
djpollock avatar image djpollock Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Ok thank you. Is there anyone else on staff that would know how to make this work as intended?

0 Likes 0 ·
djpollock avatar image djpollock djpollock commented ·

Is there anyone else on staff who can help me?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ djpollock commented ·

Hi @djpollock

My advice is still:

-use assistants

and then start building step-by-step, switch an output relay to see if your settings work, then extend to the next function.

0 Likes 0 ·