question

jweij avatar image
jweij asked

show PV charge with 3rd party MPPT controllers

is there any possibility to have PV charge current from a 3rd party MPPT charge controller shown on the Venus GX display?

It now shows as calculated negative DC power from my BMV but i like to have a nice yellow PV box on my screen as well.

Might this work by adding a smartshunt in between my MPPT controllers and 24V busbar and reconfigure it?

My system concists of 3 x Multigrid in 3 phase setup, a BMV712, 3 x 40A mppt and a Venus GX.

To be honest, i have exchanged one MPPT controller for a Smartsolar 100/30 but in every different efficiency test i do it seems to perform worse than my thrid party units so i'm not sure i want to change them all to Victron (even though i'm very convinced about the quality of victron products).

MPPT ControllersVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

For now, no.

One day perhaps there will be an option to assign another role to the shunts (e.g. DC load, or DC charger) but for now it limited to a total reading, and any DC charge is shown as a net negative (once all the loads are displaced).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jweij avatar image jweij commented ·

Thank you Guy,

i might still upgrade to smartsolar units after i'm done testing.

0 Likes 0 ·