question

lsgv avatar image
lsgv asked

CCGX firmware upgrade problem

For some reason my CCGX which has been working for 2.5 years got stuck on the Victron logo blue screen.

I have been trying to restart it using the firmware upgrade procedure from SD card without success. When performing the procedure (insert SD card, press keys E+A+B and release keys A+B at the same time), after a black screen it stays on a screen with message "boot from flash" and after sometime back to just the Victron blue screen.

The SD card was completely formatted and I tried a second card with same results. These are 16GB microSCHC.

I disconnected all the cables both to the router and from all the connected devices.

It seems it doesn't recognise there is an SD card to boot from. Could it be the card (I tried 2 different cards same result), the card reader, other?

Any help guidance or advice appreciated.

CCGX Color Controlfirmware update
img-3109.jpeg (3.4 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
lsgv avatar image
lsgv answered ·

Just to be complete, this is the firmware upgrade procedure I used: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:firmware_upgrade_to_v2

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @lsgv

It's probably broken, so please contact your dealer for a warranty procedure.

2 |3000

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic