question

berwick avatar image
berwick asked

Equalization for parallel controllers

I have 4 MPPT 75/15 controllers fed from 4 different panels on my boat which go to one battery bank. When I go to equalize do I just do it from one controller or do I have to turn on the equalization on all controllers at the same time? If I just do one would it harm or cause a disconnect from the others due to the high 16.2 volts?

Thank you, Richard

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @berwick

You may need to set all 4 to get enough power anyway. It's not often recommended to equalize unattended, to keep an eye out for issues like overheating. So if you're going to be around, just set them all.

It won't hurt to leave one or more at normal, they'll just back off their charge as their own lower V targets are exceeded by the one(s) targetting equalize.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

berwick avatar image
berwick answered ·

Great, thank you

Richard

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic