question

mbelgil avatar image
mbelgil asked

Set BMV alarm to monitor DC watts draining battery?

I've got a home setup as follows:

• Generator/Solar PV panels
  • 24V Lead acid battery bank
  • Victron Phoenix Inverter exclusively for water pump
  • Victron Skylla-tg 24/50 charger (to charger batteries from genset)
  • Victron Inverter 3000 for house AC power
  • Venus GX
  • BMV-700 battery monitor

And this is the Remote Console view:

'DC Power' shows solar power coming in (-W) AND also shows the power going out for the water pump (+W from the Phoenix). This also registers negative Watts when the generator is charging through the Skylla-TG.

'AC Loads' shows the power being used in the house (from the 3000 inverter).

The problem I've got is that sometimes the Phoenix is left running (due to water leak or taps on). This can be seen as +1000W in the DC Power box above.

My question is: how do I monitor this high DC wattage, and can I set an alarm if this goes too high for too long? (In case of water leak).

Thanks!

BMV Battery MonitorPhoenix Invertermonitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ยท

I don't have a phoenix so I'm not sure what options show up, but could you set a VRM rule for output power of just the phoenix to alert you after so many seconds if the power is above a certain value?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mbelgil avatar image mbelgil commented ยท

Thanks for the response. From what I gather, the Phoenix isn't smart enough to show up as a device in the VRM portal, so I can't seem to set an alarm rule for that (or can !?).

What I don't understand is that clearly the Phoenix's output power is being monitored by something - so why can't I set a rule for that? Is it the BMV, or maybe its the Venus?

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources