question

nicolastenico avatar image
nicolastenico asked

Phoenix inverter 48/3000 low battery alarm

Our Phoenix inverter 48/3000 is giving low battery alert even if our battery are fully charged.

We have 4 batteries 12V/90Ah gel connected in series. Last measure of the total voltage is 54,3V measured at battery input terminals of the Phoenix inverter.
I already checked the connection between batteries making sure that there are no high currents due to poor contacts between terminals and nuts are well tight. The inverter keeps clicking internally.

Moreover, if I have only the batteries connected to the inverter I have a blinking lighton low battery. Once I connect the solar strings that light disappears ( if the irradiation is low sometimes keep blinking even with panels).

What do you advise?

low battery warning
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ยท

First of all is this with zero load.

if its not then the batteries may not have any capacity to deliver the current needed and thus the voltage drops when you draw a load at Max load this would be 62 amps and on overload upto 120 amps
0 Likes 0 ยท
nicolastenico avatar image nicolastenico Paul B commented ยท

Hi Paul B thanks for your reply,

I have only a small load ( a Transformer to power a PLC 12V 1,30 A) connected for now. There are no other loads so the inverter should just switch on without any problem and remain in idle.

What is happening is that if I connect only the battery but solar strings are disconneted the inverter shows the alarm. If I connect the solar strings the alarm disappears.

0 Likes 0 ยท
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic