question

seanoconnell avatar image
seanoconnell asked

easysolar 48/3000 - inverter upgrade, or paralleling with additional inverter...?

I have an Easysolar 48/3000, with an additional 150/70 MPPT connected to cope with 18x 315W panels - all going good. But I want to use the excess power after charging (4 BYD lithium batteries) to run dump load into hot water tank or a electrically heated slab. I need more output to cope with this and normal daily use, and for ocassional heavy welder usage.

Should I -

simply disconnect the exisiting inverter of the Easysolar and get a newer Multiplus2 48/5000 inverter (with extra battery charge rating), to take its place? If it connect up with the CCGX and rest of everything else without issue?

or,

attempt to parallel another identical Multiplus 48/3000 (sounds like there are issues with age of units and setup?) Current unit firmware is 418, product id 2620.

I would prefer to have a combined single output, rather than have 2 separate AC output lines.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated! I can share the vrmportal site if that is helpful....

Thanks, Sean.

Multiplus-IIEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Riaan Barkhuizen avatar image
Riaan Barkhuizen answered ·

Hi @seanoconnell

Best (cheapest) would be to add another easy solar unit. Then consider splitting up the solar panels between the two 150/70Amp MPPT's.

Best regards
Riaan

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seanoconnell avatar image
seanoconnell answered ·

@Riaan Barkhuizen

Thanks for your reply. Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I already have another 150/70mppt, and split the panels I have between the two. I am considering getting a multiplus 2 5000VA inverter, as it seems like the simplest option, and it looks like a good unit. I am assuming I can pull apart the Easysolar and take the MPPT and CCGX to the multiplus 2 fairly easily.... : )Thanks,Sean.

2 |3000

ukxan avatar image
ukxan answered ·

Hello,

My system is comprised of 1 easysolar 48/3000 and 10 solar panels

I would like to increase the power output by adding another multiplus in parallel

Having read your post I wonder what solution you chose?

regards

2 |3000