question

Michael Scholze avatar image
Michael Scholze asked

Is it possible to deactivate bluetooth in SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 or MPPT 100/50?

It would be nice to disable bluetooth after configuration for security reasons and to prevent electrosmog through bluetooth radiation.

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
inverterservicecenter avatar image
inverterservicecenter answered ยท

Yes, pull up the charge controller in the Victron connect app and then select the gear icon in the top right. From there you will land on the settings page, select the 3 dots in the top right and select product info and from there you can disable.

mppt-disable-bluetooth2.jpg

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michael Scholze avatar image Michael Scholze commented ยท

Is this really a complete switch off of the bluetooth module?

If yes, than it should be completely impossible to reactivate bluetooth through the Victron connect app, which connects only through bluetooth.

0 Likes 0 ยท
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ Michael Scholze commented ยท

BT is switched off completely.
To re-enable BT you have to use a VE.direct to USB cable or a VE.direct BT dongle.

0 Likes 0 ยท
rustythorn avatar image rustythorn Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ commented ยท
can they be reactivated with a gerbo GX?
0 Likes 0 ยท
oziexplorer avatar image oziexplorer Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ commented ยท

I suspect mine has been disabled. I have procured a VE driect to USB USB Cable and can connect to the Smartsolar MPPT using my macbook pro. How do I reactivate the bluetooth so I can connect to the Smart 712 BMV I now have ?

0 Likes 0 ยท
inverterservicecenter avatar image inverterservicecenter Michael Scholze commented ยท

Yes like @Matthias Lange said you would need one of those 2 devices to reactivate bluetooth.

0 Likes 0 ยท
rustythorn avatar image rustythorn Michael Scholze commented ยท

do we know if after disabling the bluetooth, then the smartsolar will have the same Self-consumption as the bluesolar? right now smartsolar SCC uses twice as much power as the bluesolar SCC

0 Likes 0 ยท