question

ahmed-ali avatar image
ahmed-ali asked

Do you require Anti islanding device when on Virtual Switch Ignore AC

I understand any ESS requires Anti-Islanding relay. Does the Virtual Switch Ignore AC also requires it? My PV is connected to the MPPT to charge the batteries and I want the Grid only to charge the batteries in case the PV power is not enough or I have used a lot of power at night and I have depleted the batteries.

• Quattro 48/5000
  • Smart Solar 250/100
  • Venus GX and
  • BMV-712 monitor
virtual switch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ยท

I apologize for the typo. When using ac input ignore, you donโ€™t need anti islanding protection. The reason is, when you set up the system with virtual switch ac input ignore - the input can never be feeding power to the grid as a system can which was set up with ESS.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ahmed-ali avatar image ahmed-ali commented ยท

Thanks for the feedback.

0 Likes 0 ยท
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ยท

When using ac input ignore, anti islanding would be required. Only when a system is able to feed power back to the grid (ESS) would you need it

1 comment
2 |3000

ahmed-ali avatar image ahmed-ali commented ยท

@Murray van Graan, in our country we are not allowed to feed back power to the grid, that is why I went for the Virtual Switch Ignore AC. I only want the grid to supplement charging the batteries when solar is not enough and also when the load is bigger than the capacity in order to avoid overload of the inverter. I did not understand your 2 statements "would be required" and "you will need it". Kindly verify.

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE Configure/Virtual Switch

Ignore AC input using the Generator Assistant