question

alia-a avatar image
alia-a asked

Has anyone’s SS MPPT 150/85 behaved erratically, blue light fluttering, off to bulk to off to bulk?

Last week, I updated the firmware for my SS MPPT 150/85, and the charger immediately began acting erratically. Not charging, blue light fluttering, off to bulk to off to bulk. I thought that it could’ve been a loose connection or bad circuit breaker. So I checked the connections, and the breaker. Everything is fine.
The only change that’s been made is the firmware update. Before that, the system ran flawlessly.

While it’s doing this, there are no error codes.

error
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Alia A

There was a similar report, and it was fixed by disabling Smart Networking when it wasn't needed - https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/37015/mppt-charger-150100-rev2-a059-v147-firmware-stabil.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jonhaye avatar image
jonhaye answered ·

I have an issue as well. Since I updated the firmware, My MPPT 150 145 is discharging my battery.

If I disconnect solar panels, . no current and battery level is stable. If I connect solar panels, I get negative amp readings and battery discharges. My system worked perfectly until the update

2 |3000

acorton avatar image
acorton answered ·

Not sure if mine was related to the update or not but I noticed when I got up this morning all three lights were flashing in a 7-8 blinks with 5 second pause. so I did the update and still the same thing. Crazy thing is it's still works fine. I goes through bulk absorb and float with no issues. I have noticed after the update though that the float light blinks once every 5-6 seconds. Just a little disconcerting is all. I don't want this thing to fault on me as we're off grid.

2 |3000

jeffles avatar image
jeffles answered ·

Hi, I'm seeing this behavior as well. I think it started after an upgrade to 1.59. I know it's not the battery, because I just installed a new one to see if it would fix this -- my old battery was on it's way out anyway, so I'm not bummed. Any advice on how to fix?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic