question

gavgolf avatar image
gavgolf asked

ET112 meters

Hi all,

I have 2 ET112 meters on my PV & B install - one of them is measuring the generated energy from my PV and the second is import / export grid meter. As it stands both signals are then RS485'd into my CCGX controller.

Due to a spare unit becoming available - i am now going to add a second battery system (not victron) to my home and so need the same signals into my new battery. ( i will then configure the 2 systems so that they work together rather than compete with each other - but thats a later issue).

Can i effectively take 2 x outputs from each ET112 to save me fitting any other meters / CTs for the second battery system?

Your thoughts / solutions welcomed please - thanks in advance :)

battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@gavgolf For me the short answer is no. Even though all the ports are connected in parallel, it can only be used to daisy chain ET112 devices together in master and slave/s configuration with a max of 247 of them on a string terminated at the end. You have to also change each device's address. You are proposing to use them in a manner which is similar to using more than one port at a time which is clearly suggested in the documentation as something that is not supported.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

robert1508 avatar image robert1508 commented ·

@gavgolf how to change a device address? I have seen on carlo gavazzi website OPTOPROG. Is any other way to change meter settings?

0 Likes 0 ·
alans avatar image
alans answered ·

Sorry for hijacking your post but I'd like to know more about ET112 from the user experience. I'd like to measure Grid import and export, separately, and I'm wondering how will I see the data. Will it be integrated in GX device, VRM portal Dashboard? Thanks in advance.

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

@alans The ET112 interfaces with a GX device and if the system is connected to the VRM portal, you will see a grid and AC load box. The VRM advanced view offers many widgets to get a view on a multitude of system performance figures which you can play with to your heart's content. Head over to VRM and run it in demo to get a feel.

0 Likes 0 ·
laurentiupitran avatar image
laurentiupitran answered ·

for Allan,

attached file for a three phase ESS system, no Grid injection ; not with ET devices, because even used them separately, with Carlo Gavazzi proprietary software running separately in a Windows system is not possible.

with the system that i m currently using is possible by each phase also.

2 |3000

jeffrorrt avatar image
jeffrorrt answered ·

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I was in an endless loop trying to ask this question. How would I use/wire an ET112 to monitor AC loads on my non Victron inverter using a Cerbo GX?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic