question

harold avatar image
harold asked

Can I make AC OUT 2 active on inverting (Quatro)

I would like to have the possibility to switch on AC OUT 2 under specific circumstances.

Battery's full, normal alternator is on for a long time etc

I see similar questitions, but I cannot find how to setup Assistanst or VS for this.

Harold

ac out 2
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ยท

What you need is the "programmable relay" assistant. And select the AC OUT 2 relay.

Just download, install and start VE.config (VE Configuration tools for VE.Bus Products).
Then click on "Port selection" -> "Fake target with full options" -> select what you need -> OK -> Assistants -> read -> "Do this for me" -> Add assistant -> Relay -> programmable relay -> Start assistant .
There you can see what options you have.
Note that you need one assistant to activate the relay and one to deactivate it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

harold avatar image
harold answered ยท

Thanks!

This (with the 2 assistants) will be extra to the standard functionallity (AC in --> AC Out 1+2)?

4 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ commented ยท

No, if you use assistants to activate/deactivate AC OUT 2 the default behavior of AC OUT 2 is disabled.
If you want this you have to use an additional assistant.

0 Likes 0 ยท
harold avatar image harold Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ commented ยท

Thanks again for your quick reply!

This is what I made:

(AC2IN = shore power ; AC1IN = generator)

(AC2OUT = heater etc)

0 Likes 0 ยท
1585659315935.png (125.4 KiB)
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ harold commented ยท

Looks good, should be working. ;)

0 Likes 0 ยท
harold avatar image harold Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ commented ยท

Sorry, I am doupting the correct order, because I read this, in other posts:

Working with assistants works with the following rulws

- an ON condition always has priority over an OFF xondition

- multi criteria in the ON ( Or OFF ) list go by the OR principle

When multi assistant control te same output (such as a relay ) , the outcome of the lowest in the list will be the state of the relay

(So when controlling the relay open with one assistant of which the criteria fits. but close with anther were also criteria fit, it depends which is lowest in the list

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic