question

Kristof G. avatar image
Kristof G. asked

PV inverter on output side keeps falling out

Hi,

iam having a wierd thing here, my ABB inverter on the output side keeps on "falling - out" ,

the ABB is connected via Zigbee to the color and is connected to the AC-out of the quattro 8000

vrm : 19355

colorgx : v2.23

2x mppts : v1.37 (total of 4100wp)

ABB inverter of 4kw (total of 4400wp)

Max. feed in = 19A

someone an explanation?

thx kristof

ac out 2
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Is the AC-out switching? if not then I'd look into the PV inverter first to see what is happening and why.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kristof G. avatar image Kristof G. commented ·

Hoi, no.. no ac out switching... load stays on, only the inverter goes down, but its something to do with ( i think) ... battery full ( absorption / float) and more pv power than battery loading + ac out load + feed in (19A) = pv goes out...

0 Likes 0 ·
Phil Gavin avatar image Phil Gavin Kristof G. commented ·

Yes, I agree.

The regularity of the shutdowns are also a clue if the load is steady.

If 19A is the max allowed to export back into the grid setting, it may be that this setting is too low.

Is this setting self-imposed?

0 Likes 0 ·
Kristof G. avatar image Kristof G. Phil Gavin commented ·

the max here is 10kw (with 3x 230v grid) for a home , i have 2 x SMA inverters of 3kw on my home , so the max. i can go is 4k (around 19A ;-) )

updated the firmware on my quattro to the last + i try now an "beta" on the color , will see if its the same.. if its not beter , i 'am thinking to change it back to the full grid (the ABB inverter that goes out) and no feed-in for the Victron....

but i can use the ABB's power to power my load and my battery ;-) ( thats the reason why its on the AC-output.)

OR maybe (i am thinking now) , i could change it back to the grid (the AC-input with the ET112) , maybe no falling out then? hum, will study that path...

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic