question

buzzlightyear avatar image
buzzlightyear asked

Multiplus 24/1200 Programmable relay state

The programmable relay contacts are marked COM, NC and NO. My understanding of the relay's default behaviour and normally open is that there should be continuity between COM and NC during normal (No alarm) operation, and continuity between COM and NO if there is an alarm. I tested the continuity today, and found that there is continuity between COM and NO, and no continuity between COM and NC. This is unexpected, is my understanding of the default behaviour of the relay incorrect?

The relay's behaviour has not been changed via VE Configure, in fact I have not even downloaded it yet.

Product ID: 2667

Firmware version: 469

VenusOS Remote console shows no alarms, all show Ok under Alarm Status

Would appreciate any help.

Relay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

That is the default behavior.
Important for this behavior is the "Invert virtual switch usage"

default-vs-1.png (54.4 KiB)
default-vs-2.png (53.6 KiB)
default-vs-3.png (54.4 KiB)
default-vs-4.png (43.2 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

buzzlightyear avatar image buzzlightyear commented ·

Thank you very much for the detailed and exact answer, much appreciated! I think I'll download VE Configure just to get visibility of all the settings.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ buzzlightyear commented ·

@buzzlightyear

To add to M.Lange's answer:

-this is done so when the unit is not powered / off, the alarm relay is 'active' and you know the unit is not in 'normal' state. Otherwise you couldn't know from the relay state if the unit is functioning normally, or 'off'

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic