question

reginald-gerard avatar image
reginald-gerard asked

MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70 safe to apply 220VAC on the output side when turned off?

Using this in a fixed caravan, shore line is only 4 Amps and my wife wants to use her Senseo Coffee machine (2,700W max.)

Issue is: when the MP-2 is turned off, there is no power in the caravan. Would have been a nice option to be able to switch to bypass the MP and supply the 4 Amps to the caravan when off.

So my actual question is: If I wire the MP after a whip switch that either supplies shore power to the MP or the Caravan directly, will the 220VAC that is then on the output side of the turned off MP-2 cause any problems?

btw. not a lot of options to choose from in the Topics list.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Reginald Gerard

Not safe!

Do -not- apply grid to the output of the inverter, this -will- damage it and it is not covered by warranty.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Do it like that and you'll be safe:

20200329-190910.jpg (253.1 KiB)
2 |3000

reginald-gerard avatar image
reginald-gerard answered ·

m.Lange Thank you for that. I should have been able to come up with that, maybe getting old and set im my ways. Will apply that suggestion. Daniël, good to know, just wanted to be sure.

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

I would recommend you to always switch L and N not only L.

0 Likes 0 ·