question

mark-dreyer avatar image
mark-dreyer asked

EasySolar-II SOC keeps falling and never rises?

Recently commissioned a EasySolar-II 3kva 48v system running PowerPlus Energy 4kwh ECO module. Setup battery monitor on VEconfigure, programmed mppt as per powerplus recommendation and all looking good. About 5 days later system shutdown on low SOC cut-out, went to site and batteries full and on float but SOC showing 15% so it had slowly gone down each day after i left but was in fact being charged fully each day. Where have i gone wrong??

EasySolar All-in-OneSOC
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

What's the firmware in the Multi?

0 Likes 0 ·
mlvn93 avatar image mlvn93 commented ·

Facing the same issue with an Easysolar II-GX 48/3 kVA. SOC never recovers to 100% even though MPPT go on float.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Robert Bazalgette avatar image
Robert Bazalgette answered ·

I had exactly the same problem, Still trying to get Victron to address this after six months of asking !!!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

misullivan avatar image
misullivan answered ·

I have also seen this on both Easysolar and Easysolar-II ... solution for me was put a BVM 712 in the system, now I see 100% battery all the time... (the other thing that reset it.. was remove ac input for 5 mins, then the inverter will go into bulk, recognise the battery voltage and go back to 100%)

2 |3000

on2itmaclennan avatar image
on2itmaclennan answered ·

H Mark and Robert,

When setting up the Battery Monitor are you choosing the MultiPlus-II as the monitor?

I have an offgrid system consisting of EasysolarII-GX and a 48V lead battery and if I turn the battery monitor on the SOC always falls too but this was just my silly mistake. I understand the battery monitor which resides inside the MultiPlus part of the Easysolar only knows what current the MultiPlus puts into the battery (if using shore power or generator)? I am using the MPPT (offgrid and no generator available) to charging the battery so the SOC monitoring won't work without a shunt on the battery (BMV module).

The other exception should be if one has a smart battery (pylontech or freedomwon but not sure about PowerPlus), it should transmit SOC over the communications link with the GX part of the Easysolarii-gx. Not sure how that works as I don't have a smart battery.

Hope that makes sense and appreciate feedback if you know otherwise or are doing something different?

Thanks

Andrew

2 |3000

Related Resources

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic