question

avassil avatar image
avassil asked

Monitoring SMA PV Inverters

I would like to integrate the Sunny Boy 3000TL with the Victron Multi Grid as described in the manual. But i have run through the troubleshooting steps without success. I cannot see any device on color control (CC) interface as described in the manual. even when i am setting manually the IP address of the device.

I am able to ping the inverter from within the CC, so i have verify that this communication is ok. Moreover i am able to read SMA's parameters from my SCADA which means that the modbus TCP capability of SMA is enabled. Sunny Boy listen on modbus ID-3 but i cannot verify that this is the default for the CC.

Thanks in advance

monitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Izak (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Izak (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Try setting the modbus ID to 126.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

avassil avatar image avassil commented ·

Unfortunately, it is not clear to me how to set the ID on the ModBus server (Color Control) actually that was the core of my question from the beggining. In regard to the modbus ID as i mentioned i am able to communicate with the SB at ID 3.

0 Likes 0 ·
avassil avatar image avassil avassil commented ·

Not sure what you mean with the modbus ID 126, please clarify.

0 Likes 0 ·
avassil avatar image
avassil answered ·

Any further help!

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @avassil

As Izak mentioned, the SMA is supposed to be on modbus ID 126, otherwise the GX device doesn't see it.

0 Likes 0 ·
avassil avatar image
avassil answered ·

Thanks for your clarification. I didn't know that is possible to assign SMA devices to individual Unit IDs. I am putting here the product manual for future reference.

By the way, is it possible to change the default unit ID (126) into the Color Controller?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic