question

pizzajohn avatar image
pizzajohn asked

Lithium battery option in MPPT settings

All of the tutorials I have read mention an option to select lithium as the battery type. I am not seeing this in my options. Am I doing something wrong?

I also chose my settings based on other tutorials, so feel free to tell me if they look bad :)

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Michael Riley avatar image
Michael Riley answered ยท

Hi Pizzajohn, See attached for my MPPT (also a SmartSolar). You have got 'User Defined' showing which to me indicates that you have altered a 'pre-set' (such as Lithium). This is OK however if you want 'standard' preset as defined by Victron pull down the 'User Defined' until you see your battery type and then select. After that you can alter some parameters as you desire and you will be confident that you have started from the LiFePO4 baseline. Once you change any parameter my settings also change to 'User Defined'. Best of luck.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pizzajohn avatar image pizzajohn commented ยท

Thank you so much, that makes more sense now! I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources