question

iromeo avatar image
iromeo asked

3 Single phase inverter in 3 phase grid?

Hi everyone,

Right now i'm fully off-grid, using 8kva Fronius and 10kwa Victron.

Potentially, next year, 3 phase grid power might be available. And I have the opportunity to swap my Fronius, for 3 units of 3kva each, but they are Primos, hence single-phase.

I currently have 30 panels installed, and tinking of splitting them into 3 rows, thus having 3 identical 2750w panels with 3 identical 3kw Fronius inverters.

Would it be possible to patch each of them to the 3 phases of the grid?

My Victron and battery set-up would only serve as UPS for one of the phases with critical loads.

Thanks!

grid3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
andre avatar image
andre answered ยท

Hallo @iRomeo, If 3-phase supply becomes available you do not need to use 3 phases. You can use 1 phase only. One Victron can only work on 1 phase and your batteries are large enough to supply most, if not all of your needs.

I have 3 phase supply but use 8 kV Victron on 1 phase and 5 kW Victron on another. Third phase is redundant. This way I always have some power from one UPS even when utility and one system is down.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

iromeo avatar image iromeo commented ยท

Thanks. I just confirmed this with my supplier (he was on holiday :) ).

To anyone having a similar question - the answer is YES, you CAN connect single phase inverters to each of the grid's 3 phases. The usual "try to balance as much as possible" still applies.

0 Likes 0 ยท