question

denzel avatar image
denzel asked

Multiplus - Low Battery - shutdown

HI Guys,

I have a 3000/24/70 multi . Worked fine up until today when my grid failed. I have 2*240 OMNIPOWER batteries (2 months old) .

Once the batteries got down to about 24V the low battery warning came on and the Multi shutdown. The load at the time was nothing more than 500W .

Im also running ESS, so I change the played with the Dynamic cut-off and it looked like the low battery alarm went away.

Is it safe to run the Dynamic cut-off values low? eg: low as 20%?

low battery warning
1583871317295.png (121.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
petajoule avatar image
petajoule answered ·

To me, you have the values backwards.

The lower the discharge current, the lower you can go with the battery voltage. Not vice versa.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Denzel

Those values are probably appropriate for your gels. But you could test to see how close you come in practice. 0.25C is ~1200W for you. Does a load like that sag the V almost 4V? Then bounce-back with no load on? Wouldn't surprise me.

That Assistant should be fine for you, but you could adjust the settings as you see fit. I have no idea if there's a time component involved, so can't say how it would deal with a load 'spike', but the low V's at those high C discharge settings should cover it anyway.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic