question

leftishut avatar image
leftishut asked

What sender units do you use with the Venus GX for tank monitoring?

Tank level sensors. Are they victron? Or just any brand?

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

Any brand that uses resistance to measure the level as the venus is looking for values based off sendors: 0-180 euro and 240-30 US. However there is work being done to that will allow any resistance value to be used with a custom setting, but this hasn't been released yet. More on that here:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/41629/tank-sensor-calibration.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jurjenhoekstra avatar image
jurjenhoekstra answered ·

It also depends upon what kind of system you use. On my yacht I have a full NMEA2000 (N2K) network with all navigation equipment being N2K and using digital switching. In the system are 4 Maretron TLM 100 ultrasonic tank sensors. Normally I use an additional module to publish all N2K data on a cloud service, which displays it to me remotely in a nice way. See first screenshot.

When I installed the Victron Venus GX and connected it to the N2K network with a VE-can to N2K cable, the N2K data of the tank sensors showed up nicely in VRM with no additional install or effort. See second screenshot

If you use analogue tank sensors then you would have to do as per the link in above post.

For details of the install on my yacht, look at: www.xanthiona.com

2 |3000