question

dennis avatar image
dennis asked

Activate/Set Schduled Charging via Modbus

Hello!

Is it possible to enable and change the "Scheduled Charging" feature in ESS via modbus or other remote interface?

I am using awattar.de as Energy Provider and i want to charge my battry wht the energy price is on lowest state.

Thanks

Dennis

Multiplus-IIESSModbus TCPMQTT
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Consulting the Modbus TCP register list, unfortunately, there are no registers to address Scheduled charging.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dennis avatar image dennis commented ·

Any other idea to remote enable or set it? Maybe with Relay? Or MQTT?

Because i cannot find any information, it seems there is no possibility.

0 Likes 0 ·
crapitouille avatar image
crapitouille answered ·

i'm also looking for this feature, It would be nice if Victron can develop it. Or is there any other way to programmatically configure these settings ?

2 |3000

Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

You can use mqtt to get and set the actual settings -> processing could be made via node-red or other automation systems.

For instance:

N/*************/system/0/Control/ScheduledCharge,0

N/*************/settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/0/Day,-1
N/*************/settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/0/Duration,0
N/*************/settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/0/Soc,100
N/*************/settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/0/Start,0
N/*************/settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/1/Day,-1
N/*************/settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/1/Duration,0
N/*************/settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/1/Soc,100
N/*************/settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/1/Start,0
N/*************/settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/2/Day,-1
N/*************/settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/2/Duration,0
N/*************/settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/2/Soc,100
N/*************/settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/2/Start,0
N/*************/settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/3/Day,-1
N/*************/settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/3/Duration,0
N/*************/settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/3/Soc,100
N/*************/settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/3/Start,0
N/*************/settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/4/Day,-1
N/*************/settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/4/Duration,0
N/*************/settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/4/Soc,100
N/*************/settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/4/Start,0

I am not using scheduled charging, so my values are default.

Jens

2 comments
2 |3000

dennis avatar image dennis commented ·

Thanks a lot! I am going to try it.

0 Likes 0 ·
ganderpe avatar image ganderpe commented ·
Helo Jens,

could you please share us, how you did this?

Thanks

Peter

0 Likes 0 ·
crapitouille answered ·

still no having any Modbus TCP register to handle that, finally I'm doing that with an SSH connection with PowerShell. Works well

1 comment
2 |3000

ricott avatar image ricott commented ·
Can you share the commands you execute?
0 Likes 0 ·
pauldeg avatar image
pauldeg answered ·

@crapitouille & @ricott - can you please share info on how to set via ssh & powershell?

2 |3000

crapitouille answered ·

Hi @pauldeg

Basically I'm using the following PowerShell command lines:

$SSHcommand = 'dbus -y com.victronenergy.settings /Settings/CGwacs/BatteryLife/Schedule/Charge/1/Day SetValue -- -7'

echo y | &($SSHplinkpath + "plink.exe") -pw $SSHpassword $SSHusername@$SSHservername $SSHcommand

"plink.exe" is an external tool from Download PuTTY - a free SSH and telnet client for Windows

replace the corresponding variables $SSHservername, $SSHusername and $SSHpassword with your context.

the value "-7" instruct to disable the charge. If you set "7" (without the minus), this will enable the charge.

Don't forget to enable the SSH on the Victron and set a SSH password

Hope this will help :-)

2 |3000

pauldeg avatar image
pauldeg answered ·

Thanks @crapitouille

2 |3000