question

hhaley avatar image
hhaley asked

Connecting a Outback 200PLC battery to a Smart Solar 100/30 controller

I’m looking for help in connecting a MPPT Smart Solar 100 / 30 controller with a Smart Energy Sense to an Outback 200PLC battery. Outback says the battery doesn’t fall into a general battery type such as GEL, Lithium, Sealed or Flooded. I was told to use User Defined and enter the parameters from the datasheet.

When I set-up the Smart Solar controller, I only found parameters within the set-up for battery for Equalized 14.1), Boost (14.1) and Float (13.5)

I didn’t see any place to enter capacity (176AH).

Below are the other parameters.

Parameter

Value Used

Over Voltage Disconnect (V)

Charge Limit Voltage (V)

Boost Charge Recovery Voltage (V)

Over Discharge Recovery Voltage (V)

Low Voltage Alarm (V)

Over Discharge Voltage (V)

Discharge Limit Voltage (V)

Over Discharge Delay Time (S)

Equalize Charge Time (Minutes)

Boost Charge Time (Minutes)

Equalize Charge Interval

Temperature Compensation

There are other parameters listed for batteries within the Victron battery set-up screen. Is it recommended to just use the default values?

Thanks

battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @HHALEY

Yes, just pick a profile that you expect to be similar in functionality (maybe AGM?), and change the settings to personal preferences. It will change it's name to something inspiring like 'No corresponding default', but you wear that.

There's no need for a capacity parameter, and your 100/30 has no LOAD ports, so those Outback settings related to load aren't relevant (unless you add that functionality later).

Any settings you don't understand, just leave at default. If that keeps you awake at night, go research them. If you need help with that, ask away, and we'll try to find suitable links.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic