question

techie4hire avatar image
techie4hire asked

Can a Victron Energy Meter be used in a US RV with split phase 120/240V 50A wiring?

I'd like to be able to monitor grid or generator power usage on an RV installation. The system has a Victron SmartSolar charge controller, MultiPlus charger/inverter, BMV-712 battery monitor and Color Control GX display. The MultiPlus is on a branch circuit off one of the 50A legs of this typical US split phase 120/240V 50A RV setup. The Multiplus only reports grid or generator power usage for the 4 circuits that are on a sub-panel on the output side of the charger/inverter.

I'd like to be able to see all grid or generator AC power being used by the RV, and it appears that this would require a Victron Energy Meter. It's not clear to me though if any of the models available support split phase, and if they do, whether the Control GX can be configured to display that data in lieu of the incoming AC power data from the MultiPlus.

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources