question

adam-michaud avatar image
adam-michaud asked

CCGX VE can to nmea2000 tank sensor's

I have hooked 3 maretron tlm100-01 tank level sensors to a Nmea2000 backbone and connected that to a ve can adapter going to my ccgx

But the tank level sensors do not show up on the ccgx display

The manual say that these are compatible

Have I somehow installed of these wrong?

Or is there some sort of program I need to download to make them communicate?

tank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jurjenhoekstra avatar image
jurjenhoekstra answered ·

@Adam Michaud , hi Adam. I also have 3 Maretron TLM100 (and another one from a different brand) connected to a Venus GX. Tanks show up on VRM in Device List, Advanced and Remote Control. I contributed somewhere else on this forum on the tank sensors issue and my impression is that you need to change the system instance on the N2K network for the 3 sensors in order for the VRM software to distinguish between the 3. Below is a screenshot of my 3 tank sensors in Maretron N2KAnalyser and you can see that unique instance (column 6) and device instance (column 12) are all 0, while system instance (column 13) is 0, 1, 2. Below that 2 screenshots of my tanks showing up on Remote Control and on Device List in VRM. Make sure that in the settings on Remote Control you have ticked the Boat view (otherwise it will not display the tank levels) and swipe left/right on the left side of the screen to see the view with the tanks.

Hope this helps.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.