question

iromeo avatar image
iromeo asked

Maximising self consumption (Fronius Ohmpilot alternative)

Hi,

I' trying to find a cheaper way to maximize self consumption. Currently, I'm running an assistant that triggers a relay (at the end of the relay, I can use a water heater, air heater, whatever I decide to plugin). This is largely based on SoC and will only trigger when >98% (of course many ways to combine this).

But I have 8kWp installed and I have a 22kW bank so without any self-consumption, I only use about 4kW for charging the batteries. So this leaves me with, potentially, 4kW of power not being used. With my eyes on the meeter and the assistant, I can plug my 2kW air heater at the same time as my 2kW water heater. But I'm looking to do something more efficient and autonomous.

I know of the Fronius Ohmpilot for doing just that - outputting power dynamically, but at over 500EUR it's pretty steep, and I'm a cheap bastard :)
Any advice on what I can use on wither my Quattro or my Fronius to trigger dynamic use of over-production?

Thanks!

P.S - fully off-grid, so can't spill it into the grid.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargeroffgridFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers