question

ant avatar image
ant asked

Multiplus trips...should I power internet from the DC to give time to reset the quattro

My 48/5000 trips often on Overload for unknown reasons. I'm trying to figure it out, but it's been 6 months with no luck

In the meantime I have to find a way to keep internet access to the Venus available, so that I can reset the Quattro on remote console. I've installed UPS on the router and P2P radio, but they only hold it up for a few hours at most. Which is not enough if I am asleep or on a long flight. Ideally I'd like the internet to stay awake for a couple of days. One possible solution is to wire the router and P2P radio power supply directly to the battery bank. Alternatively to the 5V DC output of the Venus?

As I understand it, when the Quattro trips because of the overload, the Venus remains active, and the battery bank continues to charge from the MPPT, so there is no danger of the very low power internet devices flattening the 10kWh battery bank

Please advise the best way to proceed.

Thanks

Venus GX - VGXdc
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

That would be ideal. If the battery bank Voltage does not match your equipment then use a small DC-DC converter to the correct Voltage.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ant avatar image ant commented ·

Thanks for the prompt response. I'll align the voltages and wire the internet devices to the battery bank.

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

I've used 2 methods:

-dc powered with dc-dc converter (the smallest 24-12V dcdc is cute!!)

-a small AC inverter to power internet and other important devices (fridge), this way you can turn on the 'big' inverter only when needed

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page