question

kire avatar image
kire asked

Does Victron support the EEBus signal from my washing machine?

I recently bought a new washing machine and the user manual indicated the possibility of a remote start using an energy manager that supports the EEBus protocol.

https://www.eebus.org/en/

If you google the name of the protocol, you will also find information from a competitor of Victron Energy who already supports EEBus. But neither in this forum nor with Google could I find any information related to Victron Energy and EEBus. So I wonder if I'm actually the first to be interested in it. Or are there already any plans to support the EEBus protocol in Victron Energy products?

Cheers
Erik

Venus OSprotocol
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

davidv avatar image davidv commented ยท

Bonjour,

Je suis aussi intรฉressรฉ par EEBUS, est ce que victron pense utiliser un jour ce language? J'aimerais utiliser le rรฉseau EEBUS pour optimiser la consommation sur les panneaux photovoltaรฏques dans mon systรจme ESS ......

Merci l'รฉquipe Victron

0 Likes 0 ยท
1 Answer
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ยท

I see SMA, Schnieder, ABB on the list. No Fronius, no Victron.

What washing machine did you buy?

Would you want to load the washer and remote start if the batteries are fully charged, or what was your use case you were considering?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kire avatar image kire commented ยท

It's a Siemens from the iQ800 series and yes, that would be the use case described in the manual. Maybe this is more of a gimmick but other users may have other use cases for eebus - now or in the future.

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic