question

goranrothman avatar image
goranrothman asked

Carbon lead batteries charging

Hi, just bought four Victron lead carbon batteries for ofgrid use . My question is: should i use the "sealed" charging option (equalize 14.6 v, boost 14.4, float 13.8) or the "gel" option (no equalization, boost 14.2, float 13.8) or user option? With or without equalization?

battery charging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Lead-carbon-battery-EN.pdf

You don't mention what you are setting this on, an inverter or a solar charger? In any case you can adjust the voltages even after choosing a profile. It will be the absorption time that is really the question here. The Gel AGM offers an 8 hour absorption charge time. Just be sure to follow the data sheet recommendations for the voltages.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Alexandra answer is correct

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

goranrothman avatar image
goranrothman answered ·

Thanks for the reply, it is a solar charger and it is the equalization i am wondering about. Equalization is included in the sealed charging option but not in the gel option. Which option should i choose?

2 |3000