question

techie4hire avatar image
techie4hire asked

LoRaWan won't add to VRM Portal

Whenever I try to add a LoRaWAN device to the VRM Portal, I get this message:

Error.

The site with the specified VRM Portal ID of IMEI could not be found.

This is the first one of theses devices I've tried, and I'm not sure if the LoRaWAN network is even viable in the U.S. However, it seems like I should be able to add the device to the portal regardless.

LoRaWAN
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Lasse avatar image
Lasse answered ·

Hi @techie4hire,

Once the LoRaWAN module is connected to a gateway the LED will start blinking green. At that point the module will be available in the VRM portal. If there is no coverage you could consider buying your own LoRaWAN gateway.

Best regards, Lasse

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

techie4hire avatar image
techie4hire answered ·

Ah... so first it needs to be seen and then it can be added. If I add my own LoRaWAN gateway, can it be one of the less expensive single channel units, or do I need an eight channel model?

2 comments
2 |3000

anthem avatar image anthem commented ·

I believe it needs an 8 channel one. I used the rak wireless indoor one and it worked fine. But it doesn’t work with a gx unit in the system.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lasse avatar image Lasse ♦♦ commented ·

You do need a multi channel gateway but there are affordable options. Like the indoor gateway from TTN which is reported to work just fine. https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/gateways/thethingsindoor/

If you want to go outdoor I always recommend the LorixOne gateway.

0 Likes 0 ·
claudio-rosa avatar image
claudio-rosa answered ·

A 8 channels LoRaWAN Gateway is good choice for the most of small begining. The Brazilian Telecomunication Agency define 64 channels that you can use all of them in the just one 64 channels LoRaWAN Gateway or until 8 x 8 channels LoRaWAN Gateways.

Claudio Rosa

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic