question

dgmar-ni avatar image
dgmar-ni asked

Max number of installations on VRM?

Hello,

I have 116 installations with Victron Systems. Can they all be monitored in VRM? Can I manage a database of alarms with reports and stats with VRM for all these installations?

Regards.

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

There is no known limit to the maximum number of VRM installations for an individual user, some users have over 400 and it is working well.

If you require some special customisation to the dashboard for overviews or reports, please contact your Victron Sales Manager for more information. It might be a good idea to get in touch anyway if you plan for 500 or more.

Some installers have used the API to integrate VRM data in with their existing platforms. Others have used the MQTT option to send data directly to an alternative database and more configurable dashboard / analysis tool like Grafana.

Of course none of the other options are as easy to use or straight forward as the Victron tools built into VRM, which are designed to work for most users out of the box (even ones with very large fleets of systems).

VRM is also actively developed, so if you notice something that is obviously missing from the current feature set for larger users, I would like to hear what it is.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.