question

Knut Vidar Paulsen avatar image

What Temperature sensor can I use with the Cerbo?

• Hi, is there available information on what type of temperature sensor can be used on Cerbo? Thanks Knut
cerbo gxTemperature Sensor
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie avatar image
Stefanie answered ·

From the Victron GX product range information it should be the QUA/PMP/Venus GX temperature sensor (ASS000001000). Not to be confused with the BMV temperature accessory.

1 comment Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stefanie is correct, I will also add it to the Cerbo GX manual.

alnavasa avatar image
alnavasa answered ·

I’ve watched the video regarding victron temperature sensors, abs I have a couple of questions when connecting them to the cerbo gx.

I’ve seeing on the video that it does have polarity, can’t find any polarity indicator on the cerbo gx to which is positive or negative.

Also I am planning to put one temperature sensor, on the engine of the boat, would there be any issue because the engine es negative ground power, and the sensor will touch it?

Or the eye faston is totally electrically isolated from the sensor?

1 comment Share

I just took a stab at it and connected the red wire at the front (top) and black at the back (bottom). That works.

SquareJ avatar image
SquareJ answered ·

I want to monitor a refrigerator's temperature. Must this be connected to the negative of the battery and if so can I just supply that with an additional wire connected to the "nose" of the sensor?

2 comments Share

Hi @SquareJ

You do not need a connection to anything, just the two wires from the sensor have to be connected. the metal part of the temperature sensor is isolated.

Do not mix up the sensor available for the BMV 7x2, they are not isolated!.

SquareJ avatar image SquareJ Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ·

Fantastic, thank you.