question

ianre avatar image
ianre asked

When is rate limit triggered and cost of webservice

Hey Everyone,

These are two questions I'm struggling to find answers to.

Namely the webapi mentions that when too many requests are done, then rate limiting kicks in. I just want to get an idea of how many requests from a user would trigger rate limiting?

Secondly I'm looking at purchasing devices and want to know if the webservice is free or is there an additional cost or monthly cost, besides purchasing the inverter,etc?

Thanks in advance for any help!

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Teun Lassche avatar image
Teun Lassche answered ยท

Hi @IanRe,

The first good news is that the webservice is without any additional cost.

As for the rate limits: we have not documented the exact rate limits because we might decide to change them over time. The good news is that mainly auth related endpoints are rate limited. It will be perfectly possible to get all data of your installation using the web API. And if you hit a 429 header, you can check the response header 'Retry-After' to see how long you'll have to delay the next request, which makes it perfectly scriptable.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ianre avatar image ianre commented ยท

Thank you @Teun Lassche (Victron Energy Staff)!

Appreciate the help

0 Likes 0 ยท