question

Jamie avatar image
Jamie asked

HELP NEW SmartSolar 150/70 Ve.CAN Firmware Update Issues

Hello Community.

I have just installed a new SmartSolar Ve.Can Controller. After powering it up for the first time, and connected it the VictronConnect app. It first requested a Bluetooth firmware Update, which was successful. Then when i reconnected to the app it requested for a firmware update (V1.03). The update failed at about 30%. I tried to update again, but it fails a 5% every time.

It displays this...

Current Version : none

New Version : V1.03

X88 - communication error Vreg Ack time out

Ive tried unpairing and repairing, rebooting and restarting. With no success. The VictronConnect app is up to date (5.17).

My phone is Android. I have also tried using a iPhone. Also i have install a BMV 712, and a battery Smart sense, both have connected and updated with VictronConnect on my Android with no issues.

Regards Jamie

MPPT ControllersVictronConnectVE.Can
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @housemaster1977, thanks again for your report. We have released a new version that fixes this issue, see v5.18 changelog here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:beta

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic