question

roy3reynolds avatar image
roy3reynolds asked

Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 (30A) wiring with Magnum Hybrid 3012 inverter/charger

My Airstream has two Experion360 lithiums totaling 240Ah. I also have the BMV-712 app to monitor their 'state-of-charge'. It works fine. I have a WFCO WF-5110HP inverter/charger.

I am considering buying a Renogy 200W portable solar unit. I'd like to use Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 (30A) to control charging my batteries. Do I just wire the output of the MPPT to the batteries directly?

I'm thinking eventually I'll upgrade the WF-5110P to a Magnum MSH-3012M hybrid inverter/charger to have more momentary AC while dry camping. I wonder if both the MPPT and Magnum should wire directly to my batteries or should they interconnect in some way so only one or the other is charging the batteries at any given time.

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@roy3reynolds, both devices should connect directly to your batteries (through appropriate fusing, of course); the negatives of all your charge sources will connect to the "loads and chargers" side of your BMV shunt.

There is no harm whatsoever in having multiple devices charging your batteries at the same time, so long as you ensure that you under no circumstances exceed your battery manufacturer's recommended charge rate.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.