question

michelp avatar image
michelp asked

Multiplus-II Gx vs CCGX

Hi have in mind a system mixing PV battery and multiplus-ii Gx like this :

I have all components notice PV inverter are APsystem QS1, the PV power feed is measured by ET112 meter.

The grid current is measured by tore sensor.

Now i start to program my nice Multiplus-ii Gx box and i am facing to some issue:

1/ the ET112 meter is regonised but only as a grid meter there is no option to define it as a PVmeter (in the CCGX there is).

2/ there is no power related to the current sensor connected in the jack input

3/ thre is no menu to set ESS in mode 1, mode2, mode 3 (in the CCGX there is)

I use ESS 0176 programming

and set the french grid standart

Is multiplus-ii Gx realy equivalent to multiplus-ii + CCGX regarding this kind of function

What are the proper assistants to implement this

Multiplus-IIESSCCGX Color Control
ess.jpg (59.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @michelP,

It sounds like your access level is not high enough in the GX device, please confirm the access level you are using in the General menu of the GX device.

7879-screen-shot-2020-02-12-at-80532-pm.jpg

Trying to change these setting without the required access level will likely give you this message:

7890-2020-02-12-200639.gif

Q2 - Have you enabled the setting for External Current Sensor in VEConfigure? 7889-veconfig-sensor.jpeg

Q3 - You don't set ESS mode1, mode2 or mode3 exactly - they are listed as "External Control" in the ESS menu of the GX. This is explained in the ESS Mode 2, 3 manual.

I have just checked and they are there in the MultiPlus-II GX, as long as you have sufficient access level privileges. Settings access level is explained in this document (and the same procedure applies for the MultiPlus-II GX).

The exact variations between the GX card in the MultiPlus-II GX and the CCGX and laid out in this comparison table.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michelp avatar image michelp commented ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

I have the user/instaler acces enable

There is no external control availaible in ESS

I have also the external current sensor check box enable

Firmware version V2.42

Michel

0 Likes 0 ·
menu1.png (88.4 KiB)
menu1.png (40.0 KiB)
menu1.png (58.7 KiB)
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ michelp commented ·

Hi Michael,

Your screenshot shows the System Setup -> System name menu.

The setting you are asking for is in the ESS -> Mode menu;

7901-2020-02-12-232130.gif

0 Likes 0 ·
2020-02-12-232130.gif (283.9 KiB)
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ michelp commented ·

Can you confirm you are using the Victron supplied Current Transformer part?

https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/current-transformer-for-multiplus-ii

0 Likes 0 ·
michelp avatar image michelp Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Argh Shame on me,

I intend to use only the arrows between page and menu aand they aren't work on the one on the keyboard are usefull

now i have acces to hiden menu ;-)

and go on

Many thanks Guy for your help

On the current sensor side i use the good one

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources