question

CristiMV avatar image
CristiMV asked

ET340 Meter - Upside down installation

Hi and sorry for such a stupid question.

Is there any issue/risk in installing the ET340 upside down? Meaning with the connection points 1-3 (grid) downwards? My grid connection comes into the electrical box from downside, so for the sake of keeping it clean and cables as short as possible, I would install it like this.

Thanks

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Cristian Miclea

There are no stupid questions here. If the meter is wired correctly I don't see how orientation would be an issue. The only concern will be with wiring regulation as many countries require input to be on top and output to be oriented down.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

CristiMV avatar image
CristiMV answered ·
Thanks. You're right about wiring regulation, I need to check this. Still this would be installed in the new central electrical panel (which comes after the grid provider panel). I'm planning to change the panel with a bigger one, and fit internally multiple things: 3-to-1 phase selector, generator automation, the smart meter, a 3 phase breaker, a 3 phase voltmeter....
2 |3000

Related Resources