question

stavarda avatar image
stavarda asked

What screens are compatible with Cerbo GX?

hi i have the CanGX display can i use this with the Cerbo GX or do i need to get the GX touch 50

cerbo gxAutotransformer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Stavarda there are quite a number of differences really; whether they will be particularly relevant to you in particular just depends on your use case. Check out the full comparison chart here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:start

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JF Seatern avatar image JF Seatern commented ·

Any further news on other screen / touchscreen compatibility?

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Stavarda, the CANVu is not compatible with the Cerbo GX; you will need the GX Touch 50 display for the touchscreen functionality. It's worth noting that the Cerbo's display port is a standard HDMI, so you can technically connect just about any standard monitor that uses HDMI, but of course you lose the touchscreen functionality of it. For full functionality, you need the GX Touch 50 display.

4 comments
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Apparently a regular HDMI monitor and a USB mouse can be used. YMMV though.

0 Likes 0 ·
cerbo-question.jpg (78.9 KiB)
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Yes, I've tested it with a 55" TV and it technically works - filled the screen side to side but didn't quite fill it up/down, so there's a resolution limit, but it was still pretty cool. We're looking into some larger touchscreen options from the Pi display market, it'll be interesting to see how well they work. It's a simple HDMI/USB interface, pretty universal, so I think we'll have some success.

0 Likes 0 ·
krl avatar image krl Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Did any of you guys get a chance to try a usb mouse in the cerbo?? I'd like to know because I'm getting am issue where the pointer disappears sherry a couple of minutes and I'm not sure what is going on

0 Likes 0 ·
stavarda avatar image stavarda commented ·

Ok thanks info help the added thing im see with the CerboGX is the tanks and temp sensors, over the Canvu Gx set up or am i missing something.

0 Likes 0 ·